Sunday, February 7, 2010

Engagement Rings

Even though I am not planning on getting married any time too soon, I can't help but think about weddings all the time! I know what kind of dress I want, the flowers, location, color theme, etc., but when it comes to the ring, I get stuck! I just cannot find an engagement ring that I love.

My mom's engagement ring is simple, but so beautiful. It's a gold band with two sapphires and three diamonds in a row (if that makes sense...). She also has two wedding bands. Both are identical, thin gold bands that go on either side of the engagement ring. I love it, but I think that I would rather not have a gold band and I don't think I want any colored stones.

I don't really want a huge diamond either. I'm afraid it would take over my hand. However, I do like three stones - two smaller ones with a larger one in the center. But whenever I look at pictures online, I can never find something I want.

Here are some rings that are close, but not quite...



I think that when I actually get engaged, I will love any ring that I get because it came from the person that I love the most (sounds cheesy, but it's true!)

3 comments:

baklavalove said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
baklavalove said...

I am in love with unique wedding rings - my cousin just got engaged and she has a canary yellow diamond with 4 different bands (covered in tiny diamonds) criss-crossing behind it holding it - so gorgeous and totally her.
A friend sent me this link the other day and I loved it, http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/gallery/detail?galleryId=engagement-rings&mediaId=7630047&offset=191
I don't know if I would personally want it, but I love the unique style!

baklavalove said...

So, I love rings, I know I'm a freak but I ALWAYS look at them online and I've been thinking about your wanting a 3 stone ring and stumbled across this beauty....
http://www.topazery.com/antique-jewelry-item-rg3008.htm
Maybe not the ring to die for, but I thought it was beautiful and elegant.